|NURU 600||Theoretical Foundations of Evidence-based and Advanced Practice Nursing||
|NURU 601||Transitions in Practice: The Advanced Practice Nurse as DNP *||
|NURU 602||Developmental, Cultural and Spiritual Care Across the Lifespan||
|DNPU 701||Biostatistics for Clinical Practice *||
|DNPU 704||Evidence-Based Thinking for Scholarship And Practice III *||
|Graduate Science Core Subtotal||
BSN to DNP, Family/Across the Lifespan NP
This online family nurse practitioner program is designed for the RN with a BSN who wants to specialize in the care of individuals and families across the lifespan in environments such as private practices, urgent cares, outpatient or community clinics. Areas of focus include care management of common, complex, acute and chronic issues across the lifespan.
Family/Across the Lifespan, BSN to DNP Online Program Overview
The Doctor of Nursing Practice, Family/Across the Lifespan Nurse Practitioner program covers common, acute, complex and chronic problems across the lifespan using advanced principles of assessment. Students in this BSN to DNP online program will participate in clinical rotations near their home or work.As a BSN to DNP, Family/Across the Lifespan NP student, you will:
- Expand your scope of practice in a variety of settings including primary care practices, outpatient clinics, and urgent care facilities.
- Learn from online lectures, plus demonstrations and exercises during immersion sessions at the Irvine, California, campus.
- Develop and foster strong values, ethics and leadership skills to apply evidence-based practice to the workplace and lead positive change within the health care system.
- Learn to offer a wide range of health care services from disease prevention and diagnosis, to direct care and patient education across the lifespan.
- Complete your degree in as little as 36 months.
- Become eligible for the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) and/or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification Board (AANPCB) certification examination after graduation.
Spring I (Jan 10, 2022)
$1175/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Ways to Get Started
Imagine Your Future as a Family/Across the Lifespan NP
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2019 - 2029
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
3. Brandman University does not guarantee a job to graduates upon completion of any program
Applicants for the BSN to DNP program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Goal statement
- Self evaluation
- Current resume or CV
- Personal interview with specialty Program Director
- BSN from a CCNE or NLN CNEA accredited program
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE): Analytical Writing Score (minimum score of 4.0) from the General Test
- Three on-line recommendation forms (preferred) or 3 letters of recommendation with waiver forms.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Hold an unencumbered RN license in the state where you plan to do your practicums.
- Must have an ADN or ASN from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Must also have an ADN or ASN from an ACEN, CCNE, BRN approved nursing program.
- Spring 1, 2021 admission is October 15, 2020
- Final completed application deadline for Spring 1, 2022 admission is Oct 15, 2021
This program is not available to residents of all states. Please contact a University Enrollment Coach for details.
DNPU 700 Healthcare Policy, Organization and Delivery
DNPU 702 Innovations in Technology and Information Access
DNPU 703 Leading Through Innovation
DNPU 705 Health Communication
DNPU 706 Transforming Health Care Through Outcomes Management
DNPU 708 Application of DNP Clinical Scholarly Project **
DNPU 710 Seminar in Evidence-Based Thinking for Scholarship and Practice
DNPU 711 Clinical Residency for DNP Clinical Scholarly Project for BSN-DNP & Post-Masters adding a Specialty (255 hours) 3 DNP Core Essentials Subtotal 24
NURU 603 Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Cultures
NURU 604 Clinical Practicum: Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Cultures *^
NURU 605 Advanced Pathophysiology across the Lifespan
NURU 606 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics Across the Lifespan
NURU 609 Genetics Across the Lifespan
NURU 610 Synthesis of Advanced Practice Management, Role and EBP
Advanced Practice Core Subtotal
Specialty Choose a specialty below
Course List Code Title Credits NURU 603 Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Culture 3 NURU 605 Advanced Pathophysiology across the Lifespan 3 NURU 606 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics Across the Lifespan 3 NURU 610 Synthesis of Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN) Professional Role 3 NURU 671 Foundations of Interprofessional Collaborative Practice
NURU 672 Management of Common and Acute Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care *
NURU 673 Practicum in Common and Acute Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care *^^
NURU 674 Management of Complex and Chronic Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care *
NURU 675 Practicum in Complex and Chronic Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care (255 hours)*^^
Students in these courses are required to attend a face-to-face Immersion on the Irvine campus.
If a student does not complete the required 255 clinical hours during the initial specialty course clinical session/s (NURU 673 Practicum in Common and Acute Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care and NURU 675 Practicum in Complex and Chronic Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care), s/he will be enrolled in a NURU 699 Independent Practicum for Clinical Hours completion Independent Practicum for Clinical Hours completion (0 credits) and required to pay a Continuing Clinical fee, per each course and session, until the student receives a “P” in the specialty clinical course or until the student’s seven year program completion timeline has expired.
Both the faculty and staff members have been very supportive in every way, manifesting their core values in action. Students are accorded the same respect and dignity regardless of their cultural background, color, gender or religion.
It was a big sacrifice with two daughters in college and it takes persistence and patience. Brandman is very supportive of students. They push their students in the right direction and motivate them. It was a positive experience and coming from a family of nurses, that’s saying a lot.
...it was always my goal to become a Nurse Practitioner. I wanted to mentor other nurses who were new to the profession and share my experiences with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about Nursing immersion sessions DNP program? Browse through frequently asked questions about Nursing at Brandman.
Do I need to live in or near Irvine, California, to complete my degree?
No. Coursework is delivered online with immersions for DNP students at the Irvine, California, campus. Clinical practicum or mentored experiences are attended in the student’s home community.
Can I work while completing my degree?
Yes. The DNP programs are designed for working nurses. The amount of time you work during the program is dependent on your capacity as a student. However, many students reduce their work hours while completing the clinical practicum experiences required for the APRN specialty.
How many credit hours is the DNP degree?
To earn the DNP degree, students must earn 73 credit hours, with 33 of the credits taken in residency at Brandman University. Students entering with an advanced practice MSN degree may transfer a maximum of 40 credit hours from the MSN when applying to the Post-Masters DNP.
Does Brandman offer continuing education courses or graduate certificates?
Does the nursing program offer fully online degrees?
Each DNP program also requires a limited number of 3- to 4-day Immersion sessions at the Brandman University Irvine campus.