|NURU 600||Theoretical Foundations of Evidence-based and Advanced Practice Nursing||
|NURU 601||Transitions in Practice: The Advanced Practice Nurse as DNP *||
|NURU 602||Developmental, Cultural and Spiritual Care Across the Lifespan||
|DNPU 701||Biostatistics for Clinical Practice *||
|DNPU 704||Evidence-Based Thinking for Scholarship And Practice III *||
|Graduate Science Core Subtotal||
BSN to DNP, Psychiatric and Mental Health NP
This program is designed for the registered nurse with a BSN degree who wants to specialize in providing and managing the care of individuals with psychiatric and mental health disorders in environments such as private practices, outpatient or community clinics. Areas of focus include: psychopharmacology and psychotherapeutic treatments.
Psychiatric & Mental Health Program Overview
The BSN to DNP, Psych and Mental Health NP program prepares nurse practitioners to conduct a wide range of services to individual patients, groups and families, including emergency psychiatric services, psychosocial and physical assessments, treatment plans and managed patient care. Students will participate in clinical rotations near their home or work.
- Expand your scope of practice in a variety of settings, including private psychiatric practices, outpatient clinics and urgent care facilities
- Learn from online lectures, plus demonstrations and exercises during immersion sessions at the Irvine, California, campus
- Develop and foster strong values, ethics and leadership skills to apply evidence-based practice in the workplace and lead positive change within the health care system.
- Complete your degree in as little as 36 months.
- Become eligible for the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification examination after graduation.
Spring I (Jan 13, 2020)
$1155/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
Both the faculty and staff members have been very supportive in every way, manifesting their core values in action. Students are accorded the same respect and dignity regardless of their cultural background, color, gender or religion.
It was a big sacrifice with two daughters in college and it takes persistence and patience. Brandman is very supportive of students. They push their students in the right direction and motivate them. It was a positive experience and coming from a family of nurses, that’s saying a lot.
...it was always my goal to become a Nurse Practitioner. I wanted to mentor other nurses who were new to the profession and share my experiences with them.
Imagine Your Future In Psychiatric and Mental Health NP
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Three on-line forms (preferred) or 3 letters of recommendation forms
- Goal statement
- Self evaluation
- Current resume or CV
- Personal interview with specialty Program Director
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE): Analytical Writing Score (minimum score of 4.0) from the General Test
- BSN from a CCNE or NLN CNEA accredited program
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where baccalaureate and/or post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Hold an unencumbered RN license in the state where you plan to do your practicums OR have evidence of a scheduled NCLEX date (which must be passed by the end of the first session enrolled in the BSN-DNP program)
- Must have an ADN or ASN from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Must also have an ADN or ASN from an ACEN, CCNE, BRN approved nursing program.
- Priority application deadline for the Spring 1, 2019 admission is October 30, 2019
- Final completed application deadline for Spring 1, 2019 admission is December 1, 2019
This program is not available to residents of all states. Please contact a University Enrollment Coach for details.
DNPU 700 Healthcare Policy, Organization and Delivery
DNPU 702 Innovations in Technology and Information Access
DNPU 703 Leading Through Innovation
DNPU 705 Health Communication
DNPU 706 Transforming Health Care Through Outcomes Management
DNPU 711 Clinical Residency for BSN-DNP and Post-Masters adding a Specialty Clinical Scholarly Project
DNPU 708 Application of DNP Clinical Scholarly Project **
DNPU 710 Seminar in Evidence-Based Thinking for Scholarship and Practice
DNP Core Essentials Subtotal
NURU 603 Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Cultures
NURU 604 Clinical Practicum: Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Cultures *^
NURU 605 Advanced Pathophysiology across the Lifespan
NURU 606 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics Across the Lifespan
NURU 609 Genetics Across the Lifespan
NURU 610 Synthesis of Advanced Practice Management, Role and EBP
Advanced Practice Core Subtotal
Specialty Complete a Specialty
Course List Code Title Credits NURU 641 Psychopharmacology Across the Lifespan
NURU 642 Management in Lifespan Psychiatric and Mental Health Care *
NURU 643 Practicum in Psychotherapeutic Treatment Modalities (255 hours) *^^
NURU 644 Complex and Chronic Problems in Psychiatric and Mental Health Care *
NURU 645 Practicum for Complex and Chronic Problems in Psychiatric and Mental Health Care (255 hours) *^^
Students in these courses are required to attend a face-to-face Immersion on the Irvine campus.
If a student does not complete the required 255 clinical hours during the initial specialty course clinical session/s (NURU 673 Practicum in Common and Acute Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care and NURU 675 Practicum in Complex and Chronic Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care), s/he will be enrolled in a NURU 699 Independent Practicum for Clinical Hours completion Independent Practicum for Clinical Hours completion (0 credits) and required to pay a Continuing Clinical fee, per each course and session, until the student receives a “P” in the specialty clinical course or until the student’s seven year program completion timeline has expired.
Ways to Get Started
Meet Our Faculty
Christine Williamitis, PhD-C, DNP, APRN, ACNP-BC, FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC