|NURU 603||Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Cultures||
|NURU 605||Advanced Pathophysiology across the Lifespan||
|NURU 606||Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics Across the Lifespan||
|NURU 610||Synthesis of Advanced Practice Management, Role and EBP||
|NURU 631||Palliative Care and Pain Management||
|NURU 632||Management in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care||
|NURU 633||Practicum in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care (255 hours)||
|NURU 634||Complex and Chronic Problems in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care||
|NURU 635||Practicum for Complex and Chronic Problems in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care||
Post Doctoral Certificate, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care NP
This certificate is designed for the APRN who has a doctorate in nursing and wants to add a new NP specialty. For the adult-gerontology acute care nurse practitioner certification, students will acquire skills in managing the care of adult and aging-adult patients in environments such as intensive care units, emergency departments or trauma centers. Areas of focus include: acute care management, palliative care and chronic illnesses.
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Program Overview
The Post-Doctoral Certificate, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner gives an APRN with a Ph.D. or DNP the opportunity to add a specialty in adult-gerontology acute care.
- Expand your scope of practice, increase professional opportunities, and meet requirements for national certification in a new NP specialty.
- Explore acute care management, palliative care, and chronic problems in adult aging.
- Learn from online lectures, demonstrations and exercises as well as internships/clinical practice in hospitals, clinics and health centers near your home or work.
- Attend face-to-face and virtual immersion sessions.
- Complete your program in as little as 6 months.
- Become eligible for the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification examination after program completion.
Spring I (Jan 14, 2019)
$1115/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
It was a big sacrifice with two daughters in college and it takes persistence and patience. Brandman is very supportive of students. They push their students in the right direction and motivate them. It was a positive experience and coming from a family of nurses, that’s saying a lot.
...it was always my goal to become a Nurse Practitioner. I wanted to mentor other nurses who were new to the profession and share my experiences with them.
Imagine Your Future In Adult-Gerontology Acute Care NP
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Related Career Opportunities
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from a third party. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by that third party, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Three recommendation forms
- Goal statement
- Self evaluation
- Current resume or CV
- Personal interview with Program Director
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- National certification as an APRN or CNS (or eligible to take National Certification exam), if required by your State Board of Nursing to practice
- DNP or Ph.D. from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited program
- Unencumbered APRN license in your current specialty*
- Unencumbered RN license from the state where you plan to do your precepted clinical practicum hours*
- Priority application deadline: May 15, 2017
- Final completed application deadline: August 15, 2017
- Priority application deadline: October 30, 2017
- Final completed application deadline: December 1, 2017
* Unencumbered APRN license is not required of CNS or other APRN if license is not required by their state to practice, or if in the process of taking national certification exam in specialty.