|NURU 603||Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan and Cultures||
|NURU 605||Advanced Pathophysiology across the Lifespan||
|NURU 606||Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics Across the Lifespan||
|NURU 610||Synthesis of Advanced Practice Management, Role and EBP||
|NURU 671||Foundations of Interprofessional Collaborative Practice||
|NURU 672||Management of Common and Acute Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care *||
|NURU 673||Practicum in Common and Acute Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care (255 hours) *^^||
|NURU 674||Management of Complex and Chronic Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care *||
|NURU 675||Practicum in Complex and Chronic Problems in Family/Across the Lifespan Care (255 hours) *^^||
Post Doctoral Certificate, Family/Across the Lifespan NP
This certificate is designed for the APRN who has a doctorate in nursing and wants to add a new NP specialty. For the family nurse practitioner certification, students will acquire skills in managing the care of individuals and families across the lifespan in environments such as private practice, urgent cares, outpatient or community clinics. Areas of focus include: care management of common, complex, acute and chronic issues across the lifespan.
Family/Across the Lifespan Program Overview
The Post-Doctoral Certificate, Family/Across the Lifespan Nurse Practitioner gives an APRN with a Ph.D. or DNP the opportunity to add a specialty in family nursing. Course work trains you to appropriately assess and improve healthcare needs of patients and populations.
- Expand your scope of practice, increase professional opportunities, and meet requirements for national certification in a new NP specialty.
- Explore managing common, complex, acute and chronic issues across the lifespan.
- Learn from online lectures, demonstrations and exercises as well as internships/clinical practice in hospitals, clinics and health centers near your home or work.
- Attend face-to-face and virtual immersion sessions.
- Complete your program in as little as 6 months.
- Become eligible for the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) and/or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification Board (AANPCB) certification examination after graduation.
Spring I (Jan 14, 2019)
$1115/CreditHelp me estimate my cost
Ways to Learn
It was a big sacrifice with two daughters in college and it takes persistence and patience. Brandman is very supportive of students. They push their students in the right direction and motivate them. It was a positive experience and coming from a family of nurses, that’s saying a lot.
...it was always my goal to become a Nurse Practitioner. I wanted to mentor other nurses who were new to the profession and share my experiences with them.
Imagine Your Future In Family/Across the Lifespan NP
Results for [location name]
Top Organizations Hiring
Data source: Economic Modeling, LLC (Emsi) / www.economicmodeling.com
The pathway information provided through this website are based in part on U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data that is licensed by Brandman University from Emsi. While Brandman University believes this data to be reliable as a whole, some of the data is based on estimates made by Emsi, when actual data is not available. Those estimates and the corresponding data may not be accurate.
1. Change in employment projections 2016 - 2026
2. Based on BLS Occupational Employment Statistics and updated quarterly
Applicants for this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Completed application
- Three recommendation forms
- Goal statement
- Self evaluation
- Current resume or CV
- Personal interview with Program Director
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- National certification as an APRN or CNS (or eligible to take National Certification exam), if required by your State Board of Nursing to practice
- DNP or Ph.D. from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited program
- Unencumbered APRN license in your current specialty*
- Unencumbered RN license from the state where you plan to do your precepted clinical practicum hours*
- Priority application deadline: Oct. 30, 2018
- Final completed application deadline: December 1, 2018
* Unencumbered APRN license is not required of CNS or other APRN if license is not required by their state to practice, or if in the process of taking national certification exam in specialty.