Certificate, Transitional Kindergarten
The Transitional Kindergarten certificate is a fully online, instructor-led, 8-week course program providing students with the knowledge to build effective environments, interactions and lessons based on the CA Preschool Learning Foundations and Frameworks. Students have the option of maximizing productivity by completing the fieldwork requirements at their current school.
As a student you will:
- Create environments and interactions that support the development of social-emotional, cognitive and early academic skills.
- Learn the critical nature of emotional support and responsive relationships of young children.
- Develop lessons and activities that promote numeracy and math development skills.
- Understand the learning foundations young children can be expected to demonstrate at various age ranges.
Who Should Enroll:
- Teachers interested in qualifying to teach in a TK classroom and/or obtain a child development master teacher permit.
8-week course5 courses
$525 per course$2,625 full program (other fees may apply)
Ways to Learn
3 credits per course15 academic credits total
Ways to Get Started
Meet Our Faculty
Cheryl Sjostrom, Ed.D.
Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Education