Admissions Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is Brandman University accredited?

Yes. Brandman University is regionally accredited by the WSCUC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda California, 94501; (510) 748-9001.

Q: How do I apply to Brandman University?

Brandman University allows you to complete your application fully online at

Q: Who can assist me with the application process?

Your enrollment coach is the connection to your application status and next steps. They will connect you with an academic advisor and One Stop specialist. They're here to help you with any general questions about the application process and more. If you have not already been contacted by an enrollment coach, you can call 1-800-746-0082 to be connected to one. You can also email for support.

Q: What transcripts are required to be submitted for admission?

Admission requirements vary by program. Check the catalog for specific requirements related to your program of interest. When filling out the online application, you must list your complete academic history regardless of if the transcripts are required for your program. If you are applying to any of our undergraduate programs, transcripts are required to be submitted for all institutions previously attended. If you are applying to one of our graduate programs, we require you to submit transcripts from the bachelor’s degree granting institution and any course work completed or attempted concurrently with the bachelor’s program including anything taken after the degree was awarded.

Q: Do all programs require transcripts?

No. Transcripts are not required for the added authorization credential programs or the California Teacher of English Learners (CTEL) authorization.

Q: Where can I submit my application documents?

Documents can be sent to the office of admission by dropping them off directly at your local campus, emailing them to, faxing them to 866-659-1143, or mailing them to: Office of Admission, 16355 Laguna Canyon Rd. Irvine CA 92618. Please do not fax or email test scores or transcripts. Unless sent directly from the registrar’s office, faxed or emailed scores or transcripts are considered unofficial.

Q: How can I check on my admissions status?

Once you submit your application for admission you will receive an email containing your username and pin. You will need this to access our Self Service system where you can check your status as well as view your outstanding requirements. To access Self Service go to the future student tab on MyBrandman, the university’s student portal. From there you can click on the Self Service icon, enter your username and pin and view your admission stats and application information.

Q: What is an application addendum?

An addendum is a written statement or the actual addendum form that provides information to be included as part of the application process in the case of when information was originally left out or needs to be updated.

Q: What is a Statement of Trimester Change?

A Statement of Trimester Change is required if you did not complete your application in time for the trimester desired and would like to move your application forward. A statement in writing or addendum form is requested for your application to be processed.

Q: How long will it take to find out if I’m admitted? How will I find out?

You can check on your status anytime by logging into the Self Service system online. Once admitted, you will also receive a hard copy letter in the mail directly from the Office of Admission letting you know of the admission decision. In addition, you will receive a phone call from your enrollment coach who will put you in touch with y our academic advisor to go over next steps.

Q: What if I want to defer my admission?

If you decide you want to wait until a future trimester to enroll, you can do so for one year after your initial admission date. If you do not enroll in the trimester you applied to, you will need to submit a Reactivation form to the Office of Admission. This form can be found on the MyBrandman portal and can be submitted electronically. If you are admitted to a Marybelle and S. Paul Musco School of Nursing and Health Professions program or a doctoral program, a new application is required in order to defer enrollment.

Q: What is the Academic Fresh Start Option?

If you are an undergraduate student applying for admission to Brandman University through Academic Fresh Start, you may elect to have all academic and military coursework, completed at any institution of higher education ten our more years prior to the time of application, ignored for admission purposes. Once admitted under Academic Fresh Start, you may not receive course credit for any courses taken 10 or more years prior to admission to Brandman University. Ignored course work cannot be used to satisfy prerequisite or degree requirements at Brandman University. If you are seeking post-baccalaureate admission you are not eligible for the Academic Fresh Start option.

Q: Is Financial Aid available?

Students who enroll in an undergraduate or graduate degree program may apply for financial aid to help finance their education. Explore a variety of  financial aid options and learn how Brandman will help support you through the process.