International Admission

International Students and Applicants with Foreign Documents

To apply for international admission, applicants must complete the admission process (undergraduate or graduate online admissions application) and submit the following:

  • Copy of Visa
  • Foreign Transcripts: Original (or notarized copies) of transcripts in the native language must be submitted along with an International Transcript Translation in English. Please mail all foreign transcripts to the university admissions office.
  • Copy of Diploma: Students who have completed a degree must also submit a copy of their diploma in the native language along with an International Diploma Translation in English.

Once all the required documents are received, Brandman will complete a credential evaluation of the international transcripts and supporting documents to determine eligibility.

Please refer to the chart below for the different visa types approved for attendance at our ON-GROUND campuses and whether they are eligible to attend Chapman University and/or Brandman University. International students must possess one of the following visa types:

  • A-1 Foreign Diplomatic Personnel
  • A-2 Individuals In The U.S. As Employees Of A Foreign Government
  • E-1 Treaty Trade or Treaty Investor
  • E-2 Spouse/Dependents
  • H-1 Specialty Workers
  • H-4 Spouse/Dependents
  • J-2 Visiting Scholars
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferee
  • L-2 Spouse/Dependents
  • R-1 Religious Worker
  • R-2 Spouse/Dependents
  • Political Asylum
  • TN-Work Visa for Citizens from Mexico or Canada**
  • TD-Dependents of TN Visa holders (Canadian Professionals working in USA under NAFTA)**
  • With the exception of F-1, F-2, B1, B2, and J1 visa types, all other visa types will be considered for attendance on a case by case basis for potential admission to Brandman University. Students who are holders of an F-1 visa and interested in an on campus experience may only attend Chapman University.
**TN visa holders (TD Dependents of TN) must maintain employment for the duration of studies with Brandman. If they lose employment while attending Brandman they must switch to an F-1 visa and attend the Chapman campus ONLY. This also applies to TD visa holders who are the dependents of TN. Please note, we must request proof of employment and a copy of their visa. Applicants must already possess one of the visas that is acceptable to Brandman before we can proceed with the application process. Brandman does not provide assistance with obtaining visas.


Address for Document Submission

Send all foreign transcripts and copies of required documents to the following address:

Brandman University
Attn: Office of Admission
16355 Laguna Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92618