Make Your Military Training Count
Apply military service and military coursework for academic credit using ACE guidelines. Brandman has partnered with some of the top organizations for military and public service organizations to ensure you are getting the most out of your previous training. Fast track a master’s degree in organizational leadership or transfer 6 credits toward an undergrad degree.
Brandman has consistently been recognized as a military-friendly institution We offer competitive tuition and reduced military rates and participate in many of the top programs to help military active duty, veterans, spouses, and family members finance their education.
Create an application account and complete your application. All additional documentation required should be submitted to the Office of Admission by mail, email or fax. Do not fax transcripts or test scores.
American Council on Education (ACE) Credit Evaluation
Students may earn credit for both military service and military coursework for academic credit using ACE guidelines.
- Military students are awarded 6 credits for military service.
- Based on ACE recommendations for formal courses and occupations offered by all branches of the military, additional credits may be awarded.
- These credit recommendations appear on the service member’s Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- Brandman will accept these credits which can articulate to a discipline, major, or emphasis area depending upon the ACE recommendation as to number of credits, discipline and level.
Earn A Master's Degree in Only 7 Classes
The Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree is unique program that builds upon the fundamentals taught in military leadership schools and enhances your professional perspective as you continue your career. Whether your goal is to advance through the ranks or attain a higher position in your field, the program’s curriculum exposes you to new leadership concepts and processes that are effective in both the corporate sector and your military career.
- Transfer up to 15 credits toward the MAOL degree.
- Available at select Brandman University campuses, including those located directly on base, or fully online, the MAOL degree was designed with military leaders in mind.
Students applying for undergraduate admission in an associate (AA) program must provide the following:
- Commissioned Officers
- Senior NCOs who are E7 or above
- Warrant Officers who are CWO2 and above.
International Public Safety Leadership and Ethics Institute (IPLSEI)
From the beginning, the International Public Safety Leadership and Ethics Institute (IPSLEI) has focused on a vision of excellence in the exercise of leadership among all people in service to the safety of the public. IPSLEI members come from all walks of life but share a common purpose - to serve others.
- Students who successfully complete four IPSLEI courses will receive 12 undergraduate units towards completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree within the School of Business and Professional Studies.
- Refer to your enrollment coach to determine which courses qualify for this special program.
The goals of these courses are to:
- Assist students in developing a personal philosophy of leadership and ethics
- Guide students in developing skills for leading others ethically
- Prepare students to act on opportunities for ethical organizational leadership
- Guide students through an in-depth exploration of ethics and the challenge of leadership.
Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
Students who successfully complete the educational training received from the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training for a Basic POST Certificate can also earn university credit.
- 15 semester hours of lower-division block credit can be applied to general elective credits for the successful completion of the California POST Basic Certificate.
- All credit is considered lower-division general-elective credit.
- No partial credit is awarded.
If the academy/training credits are earned at a community college as part of a student’s associate degree program, then it will be included in the 60-credit block limit and not considered outside the limit.
Become a Student
Have questions about enrollment, degree programs, financial aid, or next steps?