BA, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security
The program is designed to explore the complex profiles of those who commit crimes, analyze how the American correctional system manages them, and evaluate the impact of Homeland Security in a post 9/11 world. The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice with a concentration in homeland security explores the dynamics and history of counterterrorism, domestic terrorism and applied criminology concepts. It imparts leadership skills to a new class of specialist, one that is dedicated to employing professional knowledge of social groups and their individual members to enhance the fairness and effectiveness of the American criminal justice system. Graduates will be able to apply effective communication skills, analytical problem-solving abilities, and strong ethical principles among others to become valuable members of organizations in both private and public sectors. Receiving a bachelor degree in criminal justice from Brandman University is a great way to move ahead in your career.
Applicants intending on enrolling in this program must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- 12 or more transferable baccalaureate level credits or the equivalent.
- Completed application package. Applications are available online.
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended. Only credits from regionally accredited institutions may be accepted in transfer. Failure to report any previous academic work at another college or university may be considered a violation of academic integrity.
- For those applying under an active military agreement with Brandman University, admissibility and minimum transfer credit awarded will be determined based on the Community College of the Air Force, SMART, AARTS or JST transcripts. If additional coursework from other institutions is submitted prior to admission this coursework will also be included in determining admissibility and transferability for course credit.
Graduation Requirements–Bachelor Degrees
- A minimum of 120 credits.
- 36 credits earned in upper- division coursework.
- Minimum of 30 credits completed in residence at Brandman; 18 of which must be upper-division credits, 12 of which must be completed in students major.
- A 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale at Brandman and transfer work.
- A 2.0 grade point average in all major and minor coursework. Programs may have additional grade requirements.
- Resolution of all “I” grades.
- LBSU 302 Information Fluency and Academic Integrity (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
- LBSU 304 Liberal Arts Core Foundations- (Cannot be used as an elective in a major, minor, or certificate program)
All courses taken in the major program must be passed with a grade equivalent of “C” or higher. All required courses must be taken for a letter grade where the option exists.
||Introduction to the Administration of Criminal Justice
||Management in Criminal Justice Organizations
||Police and Society
||Introduction to Law
||Social Research Design
||Sociology of Deviant Behavior
||Social and Political Theory
||Social Science Capstone Course
Homeland Security Concentration
Major Electives (3-6 credits. A maximum of one elective course may be lower division.)
The exact number of elective credits depends on the credit requirements (9 or 12) of a student’s selected concentration. Thus, if a student selects a concentration that has a 12 credit requirement, then the student will take one (1) elective course. Students may choose from criminal justice, organizational leadership, political science, psychology, social science, or sociology courses.
39115 Trade Center Drive, Suite 203, Palmdale, CA, 93551
1042 Tautog Circle, Silverdale, WA, 98315
1600 Chester Ave., Engineering Building (ENG) Room 110, Bremerton, WA, 98337
4820 Business Center Drive, Suite 100, Fairfield, CA, 94534
325 Mall Drive, Hanford, CA, 93230
16355 Laguna Canyon Road, 1st Floor, Irvine, CA, 92618
1445 Galaxy Drive NE, Suite 201, Lacey, WA, 98516
Bldg. 824, Suite 101, Hancock Circle, NAS Lemoore, CA, 93246
5222 Pirrone Court, Salida, CA, 95368
99 Pacific Street, Suite 375-B, Monterey, CA, 93940
16355 Laguna Canyon Road, Irvine, CA, 92618
3990 Concours Street, Suite 100, Ontario, CA, 91764
75-105 Merle Dr., Suite 800, Bldg. B, Palm Desert, CA, 92211
3550 Vine Street, Suite 200, Riverside, CA, 92507
400 Sunrise Avenue, Roseville, CA, 95661
7460 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA, 92108
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Room UCEN 204c, Santa Clarita, CA, 91355
1300 E. Cypress Street, Building A-1, Santa Maria, CA, 93454
530 Hickam Avenue, Bldg 249, Suite 10, Travis AFB, CA, 94535
13911 Park Avenue, Suite 100, Victorville, CA, 92392
649 South County Center Drive, Visalia, CA, 93277
2950 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 200, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597
1045 W. Midway Street, Room 116, Bldg. 2739, Oak Harbor, WA, 98278
3301 East Onstott Road, Yuba City, CA, 95991
BA, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security News
Brandman University graduate’s education moves his dream career forward
One career is not enough: From Marine colonel to patrol sergeant to MBA student