Your instructor has asked you to create a multimedia presentation or project. But where do you start? The first step is to plan out your ideas to make sure the content is aligned, strategic, and organized.
- Align content with assignment directions/rubric: Take the time to read the directions for your assignment and ensure that you understand the guidelines for the presentation as well as how you will be graded.
- Choose content strategically: Think about the purpose and story of your presentation:
- Who is your audience?
- What are the main takeaways or messages you want to leave your audience with?
- How will you develop your ideas? Will you provide data, anecdotes, images, etc.?
- What multimedia elements can make your story more dynamic (e.g., video, music, audio, animation, etc.)?
- Organize your ideas ahead of time: Create an outline or storyboard for your content so that your presentation is organized and your ideas flow.