Northern California Commencement
Ceremony Date, Time and Location
Northern California Commencement
Saturday, June 2, 2018, 11:00 AM
Sacramento Memorial Auditorium
1515 J Street, Sacramento, CA
|10:15 AM||Guest seating open||Memorial Auditorium|
|10:15 AM||Graduates report to line-up area||Memorial Auditorium Lawn|
|11:00 AM||Commencement ceremony begins||Memorial Auditorium|
|12:30 PM||Reception||Memorial Auditorium Lawn|
Important Deadlines for Graduates
- Early February - Eligible students will receive an invitation to RSVP in their Brandman email account
- March 20 - Deadline to make any changes to your printed name for the program, via the RSVP form*
- March 20 - Deadline for Academic Advisors to add any students to the eligibility database to guarantee students' names in the program*
- *Students not added to the Commencement Eligibility List by their Academic Advisor before March 20, will not be guaranteed printed in the program. However, they will still be able to submit their RSVP after this deadline to participate in the commencement ceremony. Please contact your Academic Advisor for any questions.
- May 21 - Deadline to order your cap and gown for Associates, Bachelors and Masters Degrees
- May 23 - Final deadline to submit an RSVP to participate in the Northern Commencement
Day of Information for Graduates
Boarding Passes for Graduates
Boarding passes will be emailed the Wednesday prior to the ceremony to your Brandman email account. Information will include time and location for ceremony, along with line-up instructions. This paper will also serve as your reader card for the ceremony. There is no rehearsal for Commencement.
Personal Belongings of Graduates
Please be sure to leave valuables, such as purses, cameras, and other items with your family or guests and silence all electronic devices. Brandman will not be responsible for valuables lost.
Cap and Gown Instructions
For information on how to wear your Commencement regalia and what items should be included in your Commencement attire package, we invite you to watch the below video.
No tickets are required for admission. We encourage our graduates to invite as many guests as they would like to celebrate this achievement. Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
A section will be available for family members with physical challenges. However, in order to accommodate everyone with special seating needs, we can only allow up to 3 guests per graduate in this section. We recommend that guests needing these designated seats arrive 15 minutes prior to doors opening and wait just outside the main entrance at the top of the handicap ramp. A Commencement Team Member will greet you early and assist you with locating a seat that suits your needs. The remainder of your party would need to enter the Auditorium when the main doors open and locate general admission seating.
Parking for the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium is available at the city-run Memorial Garage at 14th and H Streets and privately owned lots within walking distance of the facilities. Parking rates vary by location and event. On-Street parking meters, requiring quarters or debit cards, are also available and surround the Convention Center. Please view the Parking Map for more information.
Parking for visitors with physical challenges can be found in the parking lots and at meters. Please make the appropriate arrangements with your group if you need to drop off a guest with physical challenges close to the ceremony site. The drop off location is on 15th Street between I and J and indicated on the Parking Map above.
Share Your Celebration on Twitter
We know that our graduates have friends and family supporting them both at the ceremony and around the world. Tweet your congratulatory messages using #BrandmanGrad2018.