Next Steps

Card image cap

You've Earned It

An education is a significant investment in your future. At Brandman, we want every student to prosper and have the right financial support they need during this important time in their lives. Financial aid may be available for degree-seeking students who qualify.

There are many different kinds of financial aid including need-based and non-need-based grants, loans, and scholarships. To establish eligibility for financial aid, a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form must be completed by the student for each year that financial aid is requested. Brandman offers reduced tuition for active duty military, their spouses and family members.

  1. Register for Tuition Assistance using links below.
  2. Register for courses.
  3. Bring a print out of your registered courses to your Education Service Officer (ESO) or base education center.
  4. Student will be responsible for sending their approved TA form to
Links for Military Branch Tuition Assistance (TA): Top Up
  • Student uses both TA and their VA education benefits to pay for tuition and fees
  • This is common when tuition exceeds the maximum rate the TA covers ($250 a unit)
  • Students VA education benefit months or time entitled will be used and no housing allowance awarded
  • For more information call (888) 442-4551
Additional information:
  • Make sure to be aware and calculate your maximum tuition allotment of annual funds allowed by your military branch for TA ($4,500 per year is average)
  • Insure your registered courses are part of your education program
  • TA will not fund failed courses
  • 33 Post 9/11
  • 30 Montgomery GI Bill® Assistance Program (MGIB)
  • 1606 Selected Reserve Education Assistance Program (MGIB-SR)
  • 1607 Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)
  • 32 Post-Vietnam Era Veterans’ Education Assistance Program (VEAP)

To apply for Veteran benefits you can apply online with the VONAPP application.

If you have any questions regarding the application process, you can contact the VA at (888) 442-4551. 

In the past, Brandman University has asked students to obtain their official certificate of eligibility (COE) from the E-Benefits website.

However, due to new changes that option is no longer available for students. As a result of this change, the university will now accept a screen shot or pdf file of the student’s Entitlement Information instead. It will also be required for students to send in a copy of their official COE from the VA, or Award Letter, once the document is received in the mail.

  • Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to your campus One Stop team. This is the document that you will receive from the VA detailing your education benefits.
    • If one has not come in the mail, please refer to Obtaining COE Information if Already Applied above.
  • Register for courses

Instructions on how to request for certification of military benefits located here.

Request for Certification located here.

Additional information:
  • Insure your registered courses are part of your education program
  • Questions? Call Veteran Assistance at (888) 442-4551