Brandman University offers a Master of Arts in Psychology with multiple emphases designed to provide the student with the academic and professional training necessary for a career in counseling and human services and/or provide the foundation for further graduate study in psychology or one of the related disciplines.
There are two different areas for emphasis:
- Marriage and Family Therapy Emphasis (MFT) Explores therapy theories and techniques in modern and post-modern contexts.
- Professional Clinical Counseling Emphasis (PCC) Explores advanced approaches to individual, crisis and trauma counseling. (California only emphasis)
- To get both emphases (MFT & PCC), students only need to take 9 more credits of course work
- MFT & PCC meet academic requirements for licensing
- Post-degree internship hours can count for both the MFT & PCC licenses
- Ability to expand a student’s scope of practice by obtaining both a MFT & PCC
- Designed to meet the California requirements for MFT & PCC