This webinar is free and open to the public.
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
Ending systemic racism begins with us, all of us. Before behavioral healthcare professionals can address systemic racism within their practice, they need to understand how they relate to it. In this webinar, participants will address power and privilege within the context of their practice and personal lives. Participants will examine how they contribute and benefit from a system that is hierarchical. This webinar is eligible for 1 CE Credit.
Instructor: Erica Tumbaga, LCSW and Wendy Blanco, LCSW
In this webinar you will:
- Understand how power and privilege impact the therapeutic process
- Learn how to take accountability for your personal power and privilege to better serve clients
- Learn about the Big T Traumas (generation, historical, personal)
- Examine transference and countertransference as a therapist of color
- Gain tools to address anti-racism and de-colonization of mental health
Who should attend: Social workers, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists, and other behavioral health professionals.
How to earn CE credit:
To earn 1 CE credit, participants must attend the live webinar or watch the recording, then register and successfully complete a multiple-choice assessment and evaluation to receive a certificate of completion. Learn More
CE Credit Registration Cost: $20
Please note the above webinar time is in Pacific Time