Effective Communication: How to Build Strong Rapport With Your Clients
This webinar is free and open to the public.
“Successful engagement and therapeutic communication are essential in order to help people find their way out of the maze of problems that may have beset them.”
-Sandra Walker, Author of Engagement and Therapeutic Communication in Mental Health Nursing
Effective communication in mental health is the fundamental part of building strong rapport, providing empathy and creating a safe space for clients to process what they are bringing into the therapeutic setting. In this webinar, participants will learn the essential skills necessary to have effective communication that support powerful interventions with clients. This webinar is eligible for 1 CE Credit from the BBS.
Instructor: Jessica Gulifoyle, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
In this webinar you will:
- Identify the essential skills to become an effective communicator
- Examine the benefits of effective communication with clients in mental health settings
- Learn non-verbal and verbal ways to communicate in both in-person and telehealth sessions
- Gain effective therapeutic communication strategies
- Understand how to overcome the interruption of emotion in sessions using effective communication
Who should attend: Social workers, psychologists, counselors, marriage and family therapists, and other behavioral health professionals.
How to earn CE credit:
To earn 1 CE credit, participants must attend the live webinar or watch the recording, then register and successfully complete a multiple-choice assessment and evaluation to receive a certificate of completion. Learn More
CE Credit Registration Cost: $20
Please note the above webinar time is in Pacific Time