This webinar is free and open to the public.
“We have a powerful potential in our youth, and we must have the courage to change old ideas and practices so that we may direct their power towards good ends.” -Mary McLeod Bethune
Currently, there are many achievement disparities that exist in schools. In this webinar, participants will learn how to build their capacity to work effectively with students of color. Using culturally relevant pedagogy as a lens, you will reflect on your practice, analyze the systemic issues that perpetuate the disparities, and practice having an honest and compassionate dialogue that positively impacts students.
In this webinar you will:
- Build capacity to work effectively with students of color
- Understand how to incorporate culturally relevant pedagogy into your classroom
- Analyze the systemic issues that perpetuate achievement disparities
- Learn how to have an honest and compassionate dialogue to positively impact students’ learning experiences
- Reflect on your effectiveness as an educator and your approach to teaching students
Everyone who registers for the webinar will receive a follow up email the following business day after the webinar with a link to the recording and the slide deck. Please check your junk/spam folder if you do not see the email in your inbox.View K12 Webinar Recordings
Please note the above webinar time is in Pacific Time