What can I do with a major in communication and media?
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and adaptability necessary to succeed in professional environments which require application of communication skills within a variety of media.
Students will develop an understanding of multi-platform storytelling skills that connect mass media production to stakeholder communities in the context of journalism, marketing public relations and social media
The program is designed to inspire students to develop solutions and adapt to real world challenges by communicating effectively, gathering and interpreting data, examining ethical considerations, and creating compelling stories to engage diverse audiences across media platforms in the current and evolving cultural and technological landscapes.
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Health Care
- Communications Officer
- Marketing Officer
- Copy Strategist
- Multi Media Account Executive
- Public Relations Director
- Public Affairs Specialist
- Social Media Specialist
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Ecommerce Marketing Manager
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Account Executive/Supervisor
- Public Information Officer
- Media Relations Specialist
- Market Research Consultant
- Content Marketing Strategist
- Editorial Assistant
- Event Organizer
- Program Researcher (broadcast/film/video)
*The above lists are possible fields and occupations representative, but not exclusive or limited to, employment options for a Communications and Media major. Some positions listed require additional training, education (master’s degree), and/or experience prior to job eligibility.
Skills Needed for Communications and Media Majors
- Written and verbal communication
- Digital Media and Communication Technology
- Critical Thinking/Logic
Professional Associations for Communications and Media Majors
Professional associations provide a connection with other professionals in your field to learn, share, and discuss professional interests. Associations also provide great opportunities to network and explore additional early care and education career information.
- American Marketing Association
- Business Marketing Association
- Society of Professional Journalists
- Public Relations Society of America
- Communications Media Management Association
- International Association of Business Communications American Communication Association
- Join LinkedIn Professional Association groups in your industry!
Additional Communications and Media Resources
Brandman University Business Society for current students
Brandman University Communications and Media home page for future students
Visit the Career Exploration and Planning section of the Career Services website for additional career information, resources, and tools.
Become a Student
Have questions about enrollment, degree programs, financial aid, or next steps?