What can I do with a degree in criminal justice?
The program is designed to explore the complex profiles of those who commit crimes, analyze how the American correctional system manages them, and evaluates the impact of Homeland Security in a post 9/11 world.
The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice degree examines the scientific study of criminal behaviors in their multifaceted sociological settings.
Concentration areas include:
- Homeland Security
- Security Services
- Victim Advocacy-Social Justice
- Nonprofit Organizations Healthcare
- Court System
- Ballistics Expert
- Border Patrol Agent
- City Planners
- Correctional Officer
- Court Officer
- Court Reporter
- Customs Inspector
- Forensic Experts
- Hearing Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Youth Services Counselor/Aide
- Special Agent (FBI, Secret Service, etc.)
- Law Enforcement Officer Juvenile Officer
- Police Dispatcher
- Program Administrator Teacher
- Retail Loss Prevention Specialist Social Worker
- Intelligence Analyst
- Loss Prevention Specialist
- US Marshall
- Park Ranger
- Probation Officer
- Case Manager
*The above is a list of possible fields, occupations, and employers representative, but not exclusive or limited to, employment options for a Criminal Justice major. Some positions listed may require additional training, education, licensure, and/or experience prior to job eligibility.
Skills Needed for Criminal Justice Majors
- Analytical Problem-Solving
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
Professional Associations for Criminal Justice Majors
Professional associations provide a connection with other professionals in your field to learn, share, and discuss professional interests. Associations also provide great opportunities to network and explore additional early care and education career information.
- American Criminal Justice Association
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- American Correctional Association
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- National Sheriff’s Association
- American Society for Industrial Security
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association
- Join LinkedIn Professional Association groups in your industry!
Additional Criminal Justice Resources
U.S. and National Agencies
California Police and Sheriff Departments
- Alameda County Sheriff’s Department
- Los Angeles Police Department
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- Long Beach Police Department
- Oakland Police Department
- Orange County, CA Sheriff’s Department
- Riverside Police Department
- Sacramento Police Department
- San Diego Police Department
- San Francisco Police Department
- San Jose Police Department
Brandman University Programs
Visit the Career Exploration and Planning section of the Career Services website for additional career information, resources, and tools.
Become a Student
Have questions about enrollment, degree programs, financial aid, or next steps?