BCBA Exam Preparation
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® has approved the following course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination®. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify. This six-course sequence covers the Fourth Edition and is offered by the College of Applied Human Services, a partner of Brandman University. This is not professional certification by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and does not entitle candidates to claim they are Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA's). Information about becoming certified through the BACB.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Read, understand and apply techniques and methods of applied behavior analysis.
- Successful program graduates will be able to present data and information from applied behavior analysis procedures in graphic, textual, and oral formats.
- Apply methods of behavior analysis in applied settings.
- Articulate orally and in writing the principles of applied behavior analysis as they relate to the basic laws of learning common to multicultural environments.
- Articulate orally and in writing the basic, overall practice guidelines and code of ethics in the field of applied behavior analysis.
- Critically read the relevant research literature as well as use idiographic research methods to solve problems that are germane to the field of applied behavior analysis.
- Understand the importance of the use of multiple data sources and points of view in the design, implementation, and evaluation of applied behavior analytic goals.