Why Brandman - Sharing the Benefits
- at Brandman, our cost per credit is ____, which translates to $____ for the ____ program. View Tuition Table
- You will find that this is a very competitive price if you are looking into other schools. What other schools are you looking into?"
Awards & Badges
- BU's online programs have been ranked Best by U.S. News & World Report for seven consecutive years (2012-2018)
- Criteria includes: graduation rates, class size, and faculty credentials
- Consistently ranked by U.S. News for Best Online Bachelor’s and Graduate Programs for Veterans
- Named a Military Friendly School by GI Jobs
Loan Default Rate
- 5.5% Loan Default Rate vs. the Nat'l avg of 11.5%
- This helps us indicate the success of our students and how marketable they may be in their industries and their satisfaction with the education they have received from Brandman.
Private & Non-profit
- Established by Chapman University – a private institution in Orange, California founded in 1861 which consistently ranks among the country’s top universities
- serving adult learners since 1958
- Investing in our students is very important to us and we strive to find ways to add more benefits to your education
- BU is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WSCUC) Senior College and University Commission. This is the same level of institutional accreditation that most state and well known universities have
2 types of institutional accreditation: regional or national
- Regionally accredited institutions are academically-oriented, typically leading to an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Nationally accredited institutions are typically those that offer vocational, career, or technical programs
- Regional accreditation may assist you as you move forward in your education. Most schools accept transfer credits from regionally accredited universities
- Brandman University does not accept credits from nationally accredited institutions
- Social Work:
- BA Social Work: accredited by the CSWE (Council of Social Work Education). Brandman is one of fewer than 10 schools in the nation to offer a fully online, professionally-accredited baccalaureate social work program
- Master of Social Work: Pending CSWE's approval of candidacy status during the 2018-19 academic year and initial accreditation during the 2020-21 academic year, students who enter Brandman’s MSW program during or after the 2018-19 academic year will be recognized as having graduated from a CSWE-accredited program. At present, the Master of Social Work program is not accredited by CSWE, and its future CSWE standing is not guaranteed.
- School of Education:
- All programs hold NCATE accreditation, which is a prestigious, national, professional accreditation
- Credential Programs:
- Brandman Credential and Authorization Education programs are accredited by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC)
Culture of Support
- After you receive acceptance letter, you will be assigned an academic advisor
- Help you develop a personalized education plan that fits your career goals
- They will stay with you through your degree program and guide and mentor you along the way and help you stay on track for graduation
- Real world experience that act as mentors
- Many instructors are currently working in the field they teach
- Renowned subject matter experts
- Enhanced learning experience with small classes and one-on-one attention from your professors
Student Satisfaction Surveys
- Curriculum is designed to meet the needs of busy adult students
- Brandman is one of the first schools to implement a blended learning format (iDEAL) and will continue to be innovative in our approach to education. For instance we are now offering competency based business and IT degrees.
- Hybrid / blended learning: Go to school 1 day a week per class for 3 hours. The rest is online.
- Fully Online: Flexibility to study when it’s convenient for you.
- Self-paced competency based option. Brandman MyPath: Draw upon life and professional experiences to progress through courses more quickly and affordably
- SAY programs: Classes are 8 weeks each and start 6 times a year
- Start Dates: Academic Calendar
- Brandman MyPath: Continuous starts
- Liberal transfer credit policies - may accept from military training and experience plus credit for CLEP and DSST exams
- Reduced tuition for active duty military, their family members and spouses
- 6 campuses on military installations
- Brandman started as Chapman University College in 1958 when it opened up a campus at El Toro Marine Corps Air station to serve Military students
- See Awards section
Office of Accessible Education
- Let your advisor know you would like to register for services
- works with approved student individually to develop an accommodation plan
- acts as a liaison between students, administrators & faculty, and other staff members to make sure the plan is followed