MA, Educational Leadership and Administration, with Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Administration, with Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
This program is designed to develop the high-performing administrative leadership skills for the renewal and improvement of schools. It prepares students to successfully assume the multiple roles needed to manage organizations within the education system. The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Administration curriculum focuses on leadership models, supervision of personnel, implementation of policy, and the legal and social issues that affect the school system.
The program includes the California requirements for an Administrative Services Certificate of Eligibility and Preliminary Administrative Services Credential. While enrolled, students who are offered an opportunity for employment as a District or School Administrator may qualify for an internship credential.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Vision: Organize the development, articulation, implementation and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
- Instructional Leadership: Create, nurture and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and professional growth.
- Management: Design the management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with stakeholders, respond to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilize community resources to promote the success of all students.
- Ethics: Construct and model a professional code of ethics and develop professional leadership capacity.
- Advocacy: Advocate for the success of all students by influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context of schools.
- Research: Utilize educational research paradigms to examine best practices in education.
Applicants intending on enrolling in this program, whether online or on campus, must be California residents and must complete the formal application process with all required documents, which include:
- Two letters of recommendation along with the waiver forms from individuals who are familiar with the applicant's academic/professional ability to undertake graduate study.
- Possess a Valid California Clear prerequisite credential
- Proof of a passing score on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) or any CTC approved basic skills tests is required for admission to all credential programs or a valid California Credential that required passage of basic skills to receive the credential.
- Current Resume.
- Letter of Intent.
- If the candidate is not currently employed in a position requiring a “basic” CTC credential, he/she must submit a letter identifying the school and principal under whom field work assignments will be completed
Foundation Courses (9 credits)
||Research and Evaluation Methods (should be taken in first or second session of enrollment)
||Seminar in Learning Theory
||Seminar in Comparative Education
Content Courses (21 credits)
||21st Century Human Resource Management
||Instructional Leadership, Supervision and Accountability
||Politically Intelligent Leadership and Governance
||Educational Law and Ethics
||Culturally Responsive Leadership
||School Finance and Resource Allocation
Capstone Course (3-6 credits)
||Directed Fieldwork in Administrative Services
An extra 3 credits will be required for those candidates who obtain an administrative internship
|Total Credits (not including prerequisite)
39115 Trade Center Drive, Suite 203, Palmdale, CA, 93551
4820 Business Center Drive, Suite 100, Fairfield, CA, 94534
325 Mall Drive, Hanford, CA, 93230
16355 Laguna Canyon Road, 1st Floor, Irvine, CA, 92618
5222 Pirrone Court, Salida, CA, 95368
99 Pacific Street, Suite 375-B, Monterey, CA, 93940
16355 Laguna Canyon Road, Irvine, CA, 92618
3990 Concours Street, Suite 100, Ontario, CA, 91764
42600 Cook Street, Suite 134, Palm Desert, CA, 92211
3550 Vine Street, Suite 200, Riverside, CA, 92507
400 Sunrise Avenue, Roseville, CA, 95661
7460 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA, 92108
1300 E. Cypress Street, Building A-1, Santa Maria, CA, 93454
13911 Park Avenue, Suite 100, Victorville, CA, 92392
649 South County Center Drive, Visalia, CA, 93277
2950 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 200, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597
1275 Tharp Road, Suite B, Yuba City, CA, 95993