Research in-depth information on federal student aid programs, applying for financial aid, and repaying student loans.
Tuition and Aid Resources
Find State and Federal Financial Aid resources as well as useful phone numbers to help you navigate the process of applying for aid. You can also access commonly requested forms for Financial Aid.
Financial Aid Online Resources
- California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) - General information about state aid programs including Cal Grants, APLE and the Chafee Grant.
- Entrance Counseling - Students who borrow under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Subsidized Loan, Direct Unsubsidized Loan, Direct Graduate PLUS Loan) are required to complete loan entrance counseling before their loan funds can be released. Graduate students must complete the graduate version.
- Exit Counseling - Students who are graduating, withdrawing from, dropping below half-time enrollment or taking any time away from Brandman must complete a loan exit counseling session that will inform you of your loan responsibilities.
- FAFSA on the Web - Official site of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSASM).
- FAFSA4caster - Receive an estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid.
- Federal Personal Identification Number www.pin.ed.gov
- Internal Revenue Service - Obtain a copy of your IRS Tax Transcript for verification
- National Student Loan Data System - View the history of loans you've taken out from Brandman University and other institutions. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. It receives data from schools, agencies that guaranty loans, the Direct Loan program, the Pell Grant program, and other U.S. Department of Education programs.
- Selective Service Administration - Confirm your Selective Service registration
- StudentAid.gov - provides in-depth information on federal student aid programs, applying for financial aid, and repaying student loans.
- Student Loan Ombudsman - An impartial, confidential resource to resolve federal loan borrower concerns after all other avenues have been exhausted
- U.S. Department of Education Information - The comprehensive web site for federal student aid services
- WebGrants for Students - For specific information regarding your application for Cal Grant.
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program - You can explore the site for information about the Direct Loan Program, including helpful publications and tools to help manage your Direct Loans.
Independent Financial Aid Web Sites
- The Financial Aid Information Page - This site is a comprehensive resource on all aspects of financial aid.
Tax Relief Programs
- Parent and Student Guide to Federal Tax Benefits for Tuition and Fees - The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) guide for qualified taxpayers who may be eligible to claim a tax credit on federal income taxes for tuition paid or take a deduction for interest paid on education loans.
Useful Phone Numbers
|Federal Student Aid Information||800-4-FEDAID|
|California Student Aid Commission||888-224-7268|
|Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group||877-557-2575|
|Direct Loan Servicing Center||800-848-0979|
|Direct Loan Consolidation Center||800-557-7392|
|Social Security Administration||800-772-1213|
|Internal Revenue Service||800-TAX-1040|