Adds, Drops or Withdrawals
- To add or drop a class, please see the appropriate "Academic Policies and Procedures" sections of this catalog.
- To officially add or drop a class, students must do so either through MyBrandman Self Service or submit an Add/Drop Form to their respective campus One Stop staff.
- Failure to attend class or merely giving notice to an instructor will not be regarded as official notice of add/drop or withdrawal.
- The date of withdrawal for purposes of tuition and/or refundable fees refunds shall be the date on which the class was officially dropped through MyBrandman Self Service or at the campus.
- Dropping below full-time or part-time status may affect any financial aid that has been awarded and/or disbursed. Students who receive federal financial aid are subject to a pro-rated return of federal funds and will be required to return funds to the University that were previously disbursed based on a higher unit load. Please contact your Campus One Stop staff for further information.
- Completely withdrawing from the University or dropping classes after the published tuition and/or refundable fees refund deadline does not absolve students' financial obligations to the University.
- Any tuition and unit-based fees credits resulting from drops will be applied to the current balance, if applicable.
Tuition and Fees Refund Policy
|IF STUDENT DROPS AND/OR WITHDRAWS||REFUNDABLE AMOUNT|
|Prior to the first day of classes||100%|
|Within the first week of classes||90%|
|Within the second week of classes||80%|
|After the second week of classes||None|
For credit hour programs other than CBE - please see Academic Calendar section for specific trimester dates.
There are no exceptions to this policy.
CBE Tuition and Fee Refund Policy
A full tuition refund will be given prior to starting competencies, but no refunds will be given once the student begins
It is every student’s responsibility to review their student account periodically to ensure that it is correct and that all applicable credits (Grants, Loans, Scholarships, Adjustments) have been applied to their account.
Interest is calculated at 10.75 percent per annum commencing on the applicable due date and continuing through the payment date based on the student account balance at each month end. Tuition is due on the start date of each 8 week term, as listed in the catalog. If the balance remains unpaid, interest accrues from the term start date. It is a fixed, simple interest rate. Brandman University reserves the right to change interest rate at any time without notice.