Brandman University is committed to ensuring all students have equal access to course materials. All resources are free or low cost and available to students who are registered with the Office of Accessible Education.
Accessible Education Resources
Find mental health resources, study resources and apps, and additional resources for Veterans with Disabilities. You can also access commonly requested forms from the Office of Accessible Education.
Free Low Cost Apps
- Cold Turkey: Allows you to block applications, websites, or even the entire internet for a fixed amount of time.
- Focus Booster: Helps you implement the Pomodoro technique and helps you track your progress to identify weaknesses that require extra time.
- MyHomework: Student Planner: Keep track of classes, homework, tests and deadlines.
- My Script Calculator: Simply write any calculation as you would on paper. The result is automatically calculated.
- My Script Math Pad: Handwrite equations or expressions on screen. App converts handwritten equations to digital formulas.
- Photomath: Take photos of math problems. App provides step-by-step instructions. Good for students without access to a tutor.
- Planner Pig: Helps you gain control of your study schedule. You can renew your motivation by building a study plan and monitoring your progress.
- Quizlet: Flashcards- create your own or use ones already created.
- RescueTime: Helps you monitor how you are spending your time when you are on your computer- provides a report to help analyze productivity.
- StudyBlue: Online studying platform that includes user-created flashcards and study guides.
- Unstuck: Your in-the-moment digital coach.
- Online Writing and Math Center: As a student you have access to these academic and tutoring services.
Mental Health Resources
- American Psychological Association: Psychology Help Center
- Better Help
- Actively Moving Forward
- Mental Health America
- Mental Health First Aid
- Military OneSource
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - Call the NAMI Helpline at 800-950-6264 M-F, 10 am – 6 pm, ET - Or in a crisis, text "NAMI" to 741741 for 24/7, confidential, free crisis counseling
- National Center for College Students with Disabilities (NCCSD) - Resource Library
- National Domestic Hotline
- Psychological Health Center of Excellence (Military) Live Chat
- Open Counseling
Resources for Veterans with Disabilities
- Accommodating Student Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Tips for Campus Faculty and Staff Blinded Veterans Association
- Combat Wounded Veterans Career Center
- Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Disabled American Veterans
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Veterans Resource Center
- National Center for PTSD