Brandman University is committed to ensuring all students have equal access to course materials. All resources are free of charge and available for students who are registered with the Office of Accessible Education.
Accessible Education Resources
The Office of Accessible Education and Counseling Services provides a variety of products/services to qualified students.
Assistive Technology Resources
Speech Recognition Software
Dragon Naturally Speaking speech recognition technology allows students to:
- Surf the net
- Enter text into a computer
- Compose email by voice
Natural Reader software that utilizes natural-sounding voices and converts text files into:
- Spoken words
- Wave files
Keyboard-less Typing AssistanceClick-N-Type Virtual Keyboard aids students with a disability that restricts them from typing on a physical keyboard allowing typing via a:
- Other pointing device
Vision Impairment Programs
- JAWS reads aloud what is displayed on a computer screen to assist students with vision loss.
- Windows Magnifier enlarges different parts of computer screens.
- Zoom Text enhances the entire computer screen, making applications easier to see.
- Kurzweil 1000 provides visually impaired or blind students with both printed and electronic text.
Learning Disability SoftwareKurzwell 3000 this assistive technology is a reading and writing solution for individuals with learning disabilities such as dyslexia or attention deficit disorder. It provides:
- Highlighting of spoken text.
- Converting scanned documents into text docs.
- Word prediction support.
- Highlight and highlight extraction.
- Conversion of documents into audio files.
Resources for Veterans with Disabilities
- Accommodating Student Veterans with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Tips for Campus Faculty and Staff
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Combat Wounded Veterans Career Center
- Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Disabled American Veterans
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Veterans Resource Center
- National Center for PTSD
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- PTSD Alliance
- AccessCollege: Postsecondary Education and Students with Disabilities
How Accessibility Accommodations Change from High School to College
Grades & Tests